Florok plasticized cement/dowel system of pile splicing is the only method and material design for use in splicing both preplanned plices
aswell as the unexpected emergency or occasional splice.
Florok plasticized cement is a hot melt, fast setting splicing compound. It is supplied in convenient brickett form.
When heated to between 265 and 290 degrees faranheit it melts to a thin, pourable liquid. Upon cooling, which is within 15 to 30 minutes depending on the ambient temperature,
it resolidifies to its origninal compressive and structural strenghts, completely filling all voids and openings.
It has been in use througout the world, sind 1959, as a prestressed concrete pile splicing compound. In addition, it has been used for grouting columns, shear key grouting in concrete beams and floor deck planks,
setting bolts, rails, etc., and wherever speed in setting and economy are of great importance.
Due to it's special plasticized agents., it has the ability to withstand the shock, strain, and abouse of both hard and soft pile splicing without loosing bond or shattering under impact.
Florok plasticized cement is NOT effected by sea water, salt or brackish water or ground water. It will withstand the effects of underground burial and it is not effected by most acids, sewage or industrial waste.
1. Drive the first section of the pile to a convenient working height.
2. If required, drill holes in the proper pattern, diameter and depth. The holes should be larger than the dowels and their sides, whether cost in place or drilled, should be of a roughened nature and the dowels should have a deformed pattern to provide good mechanical bond. (Avoid smooth surfaces)
3.Dowels may be varied in length to reduce the discontinuity at the end of the dowels. However, the holes to receive the dowels could be of a constant depth to facilitate installation.
4. Place a steel spacer shim 1/2 " x 1" x 1" directly in the center of the top of the first section of the driven pile.
5. Lower the second section in place and line up evenly and true.
6. Using masking tape 2" or 3" wide seal the entire space between the two sections to prevent escape of molten cement. Strip back the tape only where the lip of the pouring spout is to rest on top of the first pile section.
7. When splicing long lengths of pile, use a yoke or steel jig for the secure and properly align both sections and to avoid movement or vibrations during cement cooling period. A favorable design includes a small yoke. This allows for a resting surface while securing the yoke as well as to direct the flow of molten cement away from the pile edge and toward the holes to be filled.
8. If the second section to be spliced is a short length, it may be possible to disregard the use of the steel yoke. Use proper spacer or shim as above. Prefabricate light metal pouring spouts, similar to spouts in the
steel yoke, and tape to sections. Use appropriate securing methods, such as guy wires, etc., for safety and to avoid movement for a few minutes while the cement sets up.
9. Depending on the ambient temperature, the steel yoke can be removed as soon as the cement has cooled. (five to fifteen minutes)
10. Redriving of pile can be resumed within 15 to 30 minutes.
|Mortar Density||135 lbs./ cu. Ft.|
|Tensil Strength||605 lbs./ cu. In.|
|Compressive Strength||4500-8000 lbs./ sq. In.|
|Modulus Rupture||1800 lbs./ sq. In.|
|Melting Temperature||265-290 degree Fahrenheit|
|Adhesion (to wire cut brick)||400 lbs. /sq. In.|
|Coefficient of Expansion||8.3 x 10-6 inches/inch|
A water soluable and rust inhibitive degreasing and cleaning formula
A highly concentrated cleaning solution for metal litho wickets
An all purpose cleaner with a lemon fresh scent
A Quick drying fire-proof saftey solvent having no flash point and no fire point
A moderately priced safety solvent
A cost effective electrical equipment degreaser
A safety solvent for parts washers and dipping tank operations
A powerfull cohesive ink and dye stripper
Alkaline paint stripper, deruster and etchant
All purpose metal cutting coolant
Special Aluminum Cleaner
Removes stamping oils, lubricants, buffing compounds, marking ink and other soils
A simple to use and cost effective safety cleaner
A water soluable citrus solvent. Degreases with the strenght of a natural citrus solvent
Safety First Floor Coating
A high gloss anti-slip, detergent resistant floor finish
Economiser Industrial Cleaner
Fire proof, non-fuming, non-explosive and biodegradable
Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner
Biodegradable, Non-Toxic, Non-Abrasive, Non-Flamable
Simple Green Carpet Cleaner
Non-Toxic, Biodgradeable, Maintains stain resistance
Crystal Simple Green
Non-Toxic, Non-Ionic, Biodegradable, Economical Concentrate
Simple Green D
Non-Flammable, Non-Abrasive, Versatile, Economical
Simple Green Hand Cleaner
Contains Pumica and lanolin, use with or without water
Simple Green Lime Scale Remover
Non-Abrasive, Non-Flammable, Container No bleach, amonia, or phosphorus